As of January 2017, the compulsory subject for the Swiss-wide SKN certificate (theory & practical training) is not mandatory anymore. However, the compulsory course of the Canton of Zurich (Welpenkurse, Junghundekurse & Erziehungskurse) for large breeds still exists.
The Junghunde-/Erziehungskurs is suitable for large dogs as well as the small ones. However, they are compulsory for dogs of the Rassetypliste 1. We recommend you to take the compulsory courses as an „opportunity“ and not as an „obligation“. Actually, they are a lot of fun! Your dog is definitely looking forward to the common quality time!
Junghunde- & Erziehungskurs at amicanis
Hands-on exercises to learn and practise
- Marker signal (Praise word or clicker)
- Eye contact
- Sit and down, also from a distance, difficult situations etc.
- Sit and down „Stay“
- Wait (for example tied to a post and stay relaxed)
- Walking nicely on the lead (advanced level)
- Changing sides while walking
- Recall-Signal (advanced level)
- Muzzle Training (advanced level)
- Drop-it-Signal (advanced level)
- Basic position for heel (Basics)
- Practical positions for everyday (Tram, Large group of people, etc.)
- Loosening up exercises
A mix of theory and praxis
- Encourage concentration and calm behavoir
- Handling your dog when encountering other dogs or wild animals
- How do I handle my dog in situations when we approach humans, dogs or other animals?
- Understanding body language of the dog
- Recognizing and ease conflict situations
- Get reasonable ideas of how to keep the dog busy / happy on everyday walks
Junghunde- & Erziehungs-Courses are held in small groups of maximum 4 teams (Dog/Human). This allows a smooth flow and ensures enough time to devote special attention to individual questions or difference levels of training.
- Location: 8006 Zurich & Area
- Schedule & Times: Please check Events
- Costs: CHF 440.00 (Includes 11 lessons, certification and administrative costs)
- Training will take place in spite of weather conditions
Please take along
Only in the first lesson
- Dog certificate / Dog’s vaccination booklet (Heimtierausweis)
- Cash (in marked envelope) or bank transfer confirmation
For every lesson
- Normal everyday equipment (No Flexi-Leash)
- Lots and lots of food (small pellets, it’s better to bring to much than to little)
- Water for your dog
- Appropriate clothing (if it rains, please have a towel for your dog)
- A good mood, motivation and patience
Please keep in mind
- Please remember, that you and your dog should arrive min. 10 minutes before the lessons starts, without having to be stressed upon arrival. This also allows your dog to do his/her business and get acquainted with the training grounds – for an optimal start with training.
- Out of respect for insecure dogs, all dogs are not allowed to make contact while on the lead. Furthermore, it is fair to keep a distance of 5-6 meters between teams (or even more, if a dogs needs it)
- Dogs are always to be held on the lead and can only be set free with the consultation or permission of amicanis-trainer.
- It is mandatory to pick up dog excrement’s during training and in the area of the courses.